Prepare to take the Massachusetts Construction Supervisors Unrestricted License Exam. Only a person licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Building Regulations and Standards may supervise the construction and renovation of all one and two family dwellings and all buildings containing less than 35,000 cubic feet of enclosed space.
You must have 3 years of full time construction or design experience to qualify to take the state exam. A score of 70% is required to successfully pass the exam.
Textbooks Requirement: Students must bring the following books to class - exam questions are based on these references allowed in the testing center for your use while taking the Construction Supervisor Exam:
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 29, Part 1926 (OSHA), Most Current July Revision
- International Building Code, 2018
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2018
- International Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings, 2018
- Massachusetts State Building Code for One and Two Family Dwellings (780 CMR), Ninth Edition
- Massachusetts State Building Code Base Volume (Commercial), 780 CMR, Ninth Edition
- Architectural Access Board Rules and Regulations (521 CMR)
This series of 6 classes is being taught by John Kowalksi.
Time: Saturdays, 9 am - noon, October 6 – November 10, 2018